Setting your prices is a journey both personal and professional. What is my worth? Well, it’s likely more than you think! We’ve got some tangible tips to move you a few steps forward on that journey.
- Research is your friend. Use everything at your disposal.
- Create a budget. Figure out how much you NEED to get paid vs how much you WANT to get paid vs how much you ARE getting paid.
- Write a list of your non-negotiables BEFORE you negotiate. This will help you determine what are your absolute nos, what you don’t really care about, and where you have leverage.
- Talk to others in your industry and ask colleagues for their opinions. Especially if you are a freelancer and not with a company, see if peers or mentors can review your pitch and prices for their professional opinions.
- Ask for more, but be willing to negotiate. Remember, if you start too low, you have no room to wiggle!
- Be willing to walk away if the offer is not what you know you need and deserve for the work you are doing!