Until Latinas get equal pay, pay equity is impossible.
About this Event:
Want to attend this event for free? Sign up for our Riveter Ally membership to access our digital and in-person programming & events at $19/month. Upon joining, you will receive a welcome Ally membership email with an event promo code.
On April 2, 2019, many across the country rallied their communities to highlight Equal Pay Day, the symbolic day that marks the point in the year at which women's earnings will finally “catch up” to what men earned in the previous year alone. What this masks is the racial gender pay gap -- the even wider pay gap most women of color face in their careers. Latinx Women’s Equal Pay Day isn’t until November 20th and the gap is widening (last year’s was on November 1st). To move pay equity forward for all women, we must acknowledge and center the unique experiences women of color face.
Join The Riveter and #WeAllGrow Latina in acknowledging Latina Equal Pay Day! It will be a powerful evening of conversation and community building that seeks to explore phenomenal Latinx women leaders as they share their stories and strategies to navigate work across industry.
This event centers the experiences of Latinas at work and positions of leadership. Allies and champions invested in strengthening their allyship and advocacy for Latinx and other women of color at work are also encouraged to attend!
- Denise Hernandez – Assistant District Attorney, founder of Hustle for the Cause and Chingona Fest Texas.
- Audrey Ponzio – CEO + Impact strategist at APC Collective
- Jasmine Vallejo – Austin Board Member, Latinas in Tech
- Jackie Lynn García - Executive Compensation Analyst at Hewlett Packard Enterprise and founder of Elevate Your Pay.
- Ana Flores – Founder, #WeAllGrow Latina