Thu, Nov 14, 2019, 6:00 pm - 8:45 pm (CST)
The Riveter: Austin
1145 W 5th St
Austin, TX 78703
Join us for an evening sharing stories and lessons in mental health, employment, finances, business and nutrition.
About This Event:
Join us for an evening of encouragement, inspiration and empowerment. We have inspiring speakers and panelists lined up to bring their best tips and strategies for getting through life’s challenges…and becoming better for it!
We will have finger-food, bubbly and other beverages and a fun assortment of raffle items (think facials, coffee, hair and nail services!) you could go home with!
Mindy Henderson is a motivational speaker and writer in Austin, TX. Living life from a wheelchair, the challenges she has overcome have pushed her to achieve great success and now make her uniquely qualified to motivate others. Despite living life from a wheelchair, on her list of credits are:
- A Bachelor’s and Master’s degree
- A one-on-one battle fought and won with the government of the People’s Republic of China & a trip to one of the least wheelchair accessible countries on the planet to adopt her daughter
- A successful career in software, leading teams of highly skilled professionals
- Multiple singing appearances on national television
- A CD recorded with George Strait’s guitar and bass players
- A long list of public speaking credits, addressing thousands of volunteers of the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA), MDA staff and corporate executives for companies such as 7-11, Acosta, 7-Up and ERA
- A passion for making the impossible, possible.
Mindy will open the evening, sharing stories and lessons from her life, then she will facilitate a discussion with panelists specializing in mental health, employment, finances, business and nutrition.
- Adrien Paczosa, RD, LD, CEDRD-S
- Jennifer Minor, MA, LPC
- Jessica Mosman, Partner and Lead Advisor - Financial Integrated Solutions
- Alexa Loken, Founder & Head Career Coach at Loken Careers, Adjunct Business Communications Professor, Founder of Loken Business Coaching