Updated Sunday, March 15th
This is a difficult, uncertain time, and our hearts go out to the many families, small businesses, and everyone affected by COVID-19. The health crisis is presenting challenges that are unprecedented in our lifetime. The health and safety of our members, teammates, and communities are of primary importance to us all. I’m writing today with an important update on the actions we are taking with our Riveter location operations.
Starting tomorrow, Monday March 16, we are taking additional steps to help protect the health and safety of our staff, members, and communities. Our spaces will be accessible by members only and we will be operating at reduced capacity until further notice. This means we will follow the protocol outlined below:
- The spaces are operating with limited staff and reduced hours. After tomorrow, we will be moving to keycard or app access (depending on location) which will allow you to access the space during the hours you typically would. Your General Manager will be available and connecting with you first thing tomorrow to share details on how to access the space and how to connect with us to handle any concerns or questions that may arise while in the space.
- We understand the impact of this crisis on our members and communities. Should we be operating on reduced capacity on April 1st, we will reduce your April monthly membership fee by 50%. We will assess May membership dues closer to the start of that month.
- We ask that you continue to follow guidelines from public health officials, including proper hand-washing, staying home when you’re sick and/or when you have been around someone who is sick, and practicing social distancing in the space. We continue to have nightly deep cleanings and cleaning supplies available to wipe down your space after use.
- Our spaces will be closed for tours and daytime events & activities.
- We are canceling our live evening events in spaces during this time. We now have an online community where our members can gather for virtual events and community gatherings – more on that below.
- Members are asked not to bring non-members into our spaces unless absolutely necessary, including children.
- We are constantly monitoring the situation and will modify our plans as needed to ensure the safety of our members, employees, and communities.
We know many of you – more than ever – wish for space and community to come together. We feel that, too. We recently launched our new online community and have been heartened to see many of you join the conversation that’s emerging. We’re hosting a number of virtual events daily, including Working from Home Solidarity Sessions, Riveter Reads events, and AMAs with experts. We have interest groups forming as well as many Riveters coming together to share their stories, to get work advice or inspiration, or just talk about how we will get through this.
Please join us – our online doors are open, and we’d love to welcome you. Visit The Riveter Beta to set up your free account. (Note that you’ll need to create a new login/password separate from your usual Riveter login credentials.) You, of course, still have access to the member benefits you know and love, from our partners at The Sill, DocuSign, THIRDLOVE, Tower 28, and many more.
Please be assured that as circumstances evolve we will act with the health and well-being of our members, employees, and communities as our highest priority.
We’re in this together,
Founder & CEO, The Riveter